Please walk in, roll in!
The morning sun dips mountain peaks into soft, pink colours. The soft bells of the cow bells penetrate the ears. The air feels chilly, pure and clear. The world seems to stand still for a frew instants. To feel the magic of the mountains, we need to open senses and a wide heart. Whether we sit in the grass or in a wheel chair, does not matter at all.
As the first 4**** hotel within the Kitzbüheler Alps, we have specialised in guests with special physical needs, who travel with wheelchair or other walking frames . With family, friends, in groups or alone.
A lot of Tyrolean cosiness, magnificent views into our mountain world, as well as a lot of space to move easily around the entire hotel - this is the Bräuwirt in Kirchberg.
Freedom starts in your head - or on the balcony
Wheelchair accessible Rooms
All 33 family- and double rooms are wheelchair accessible, as well as the balconies. 15 of our double rooms additionally offer an accessible shower with handles both within the shower and close to the toilet. Turning circles within the room and in the bathroom are perfectly calculated. The wash basin is accessible for wheelchairs and shower chairs are available.
Our door width measures 90 cm.
Well-being without limits
Within the entire wellness area, you can move around without facing any steps! There are special showers and shower chairs available at our wellness area as well.
A hotel without barriers
No matter if you prefer our Glocken-, Zirben- or Bräustube or rather our restaurant Rettenstein: at the Bräuwirt, pleasure comes first. Enjoy an aperitif or a digestif at our barrier free hotel bar and spend a couple of light-hearted hours.
All lounges, the restaurant, the bar, our sunny terrace as well as the 12-persons elevator are barrier-free!
How to fully enjoy your stay at the Bräuwirt:
- Handicapped parking spots right next to the hotel
- Transfers from Wörgl or Kitzbühel train station with a special taxi (wheelchair friendly)
- The entire hotel is suitable for wheelchairs, electric wheelchairs and various walking frames
- 4 modern, adjustable special beds are available (surcharge applies)
- Wellness area without steps with wheelchair accessible toilet
- Restaurant, lounges, bar and sunny terrace offer suitable tables for wheelchairs
- A wheelchair for showers is available - surcharge applies (please book in advance)
- Toilet adjustment and other, additional support devices are available (surcharge applies)
- Nursing service contacts available (cannot be booked on premises)
- Certified dogs stay at the hotel free of charge
- Swiss-Trac-rental (surcharge applies)
- Discounted and/or free cable car rides available (a valid handicap ID has to be presented)
If you are travelling by train and are in need of a special taxi, please get in touch with the following company:
Taxi Monitzer - Klinikexpress
Tel. 0043 5356 73 030
Mob. 0043 (0)664 34 62 960
Wheelchair-accessible train stations :
Kirchberg in Tirol
Please keep in mind:
Our Hotel Bräuwirt is located on a small hill close to the church, which means that an electrical drive for our wheel-chair guests is recommended (even required), since the road up to the Hotel is rather steep